Monday, November 12, 2012

Costa Rican Abs


So. I have less than 4 weeks to get my abs back into a “two pack” (TuPac!) before my surfing/medical mission trip to Costa Rica. I’ve officially thrown in the towel on regenerating the 6-pack, unless of course, it consists of Dragon Fly IPA.

In my past experience, it is noted that these Pacific surfer chicks literally have their abs carved out of stone. Since I am terrible at surfing, I have been working a little harder-than-usual at the gym in order to try and somewhat “blend in”----- at least on land. (operative word actually being “somewhat”)

The problem is that despite my daily workouts, I detest doing an abs routine. To me, Ab workouts are like a side of steamed broccoli to a fat person. The difference is that I can’t put gooey cheese or butter on an abdominal workout in order to make it more appetizing.

Even further to my abdominal workout aversion, I despise fitness DVDs. However, in slight desperation, I recently purchased “The Best of Tamilee Webb’s Abs, Abs, Abs” dvd by my old gal pal, Tamilee Webb. I refuse to put a photo of the dvd cover on here because her outfit is ridiculously embarrassing. (oh Tamiliee, what were you thinking?!) This dvd won’t change your life but it has 7 different tolerable abdominal routines, each lasting 10-20 minutes, which will definitely make you sore the next day. You can purchase the it on Amazon for about $15, so there are no excuses in “not being able to find that dvd.” It’s well worth its weight in steamed broccoli.

And on that note, I am off to the gym for Spin Class, with my adorable pudgy spin instructor, who has stolen all the music from my iPod. Surf’s up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment