Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Daze



This cold weather is absurd. Oh how I long for the ridiculously hot days of Africa or my first summer in H-town. I have certainly learned that in cold climates, the electric blanket is my greatest ally.

The photos include yours truly (slightly tipsy) en route to to a Duck Confit sandwich avec a bottle of Cote du Rhone. The other is the view from my 14th floor flat overlooking the south side of Louisville (notice the snow covered pool on the bottom right). My XC skis are doing me no good sitting in storage back in B-town.

My semester begins Monday but have already been given three assignments due on the first day of lab and lecture. The next 16 months better be worth my time. Hopefully so I can leave this cold weather and return to some sort of miserably hot climate!

However, For all of you Louisvillians out there (or soon to visit) who want to stay warm, I can highly recommend the spicy Fajita nachos at Aztecas on 4th/MAB. It's not on the menu but they are more than happy to make them for you. As a Nacho Oficianada, I can honestly say they are some of the best I have ever eaten.

Another addition to help you stay warm (in a healthy way), would be my own little recipe for hot cocoa. I will also add my adult version too!

Per person:

*1 cup Skim Milk
*1 heaping Tbsp Hershey's Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder (full of antioxidants)
*1 heaping tsp Agave Nectar (this stuff is the best because it's a natural sweetener with a low glycemic index and tastes like honey)
*A few shakes of cinnamon
* (Optional) One shot of Torres Brandy or Bourbon or any Cordial of your choice.

Combine milk, cocoa powder, and agave nectar and heat over stove or microwave; heat/stir until blended together, shake in some cinnamon and a little Brandy and Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment