Thursday, October 15, 2009

This weather is not my vibe....must add BOURBON

Indiana weather is EVIL. Current temp = 39 F. My blood is too thin for this crap! Don't get me wrong..... I love Autumn, but this is ridiculous.....especially because it is 78 F in Houston (located in the Almighty People's Republic of Texas) right now.

Writing this at 8:30 a.m. makes me wonder if it is too early for Bourbon with my coffee? Perhaps I will go lighter and do like the (beloved) Spaniards, a little Brandy in one's morning coffee should cure the early a.m. chills! Also, is it too early to rock out to some Reggaetón? If so, I'm in a lot of trouble........

Anyway, A great benefit of an Indiana autumn is that during the harvest, the scrumptious Persimmon is bestowed upon us. Therefore, I am happy to share Tercia's not-so-famous Bourbon Maple Pecan Persimmon Bread recipe. Highly encouraged to be drank with coffee accented by Bourbon. As well, I don't know why, but the bread turns out best with a little Reggaeton being played during preparation.....¡Muevete!

Persimmon Maple Pecan Bourbon Bread

1.5 c. whole wheat pastry flour (regular whole wheat with a smidge of white will work)
1/2 c. regular oats (NOT instant)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp nutmeg
1 c. persimmon pulp
1/4 c. brown sugar (just like I knew you would!)
1/2 c. light or low sugar maple syrup (I use Maple Grove Farms Sugar Free butter flavor)
1/2 c. low fat milk
3 tablespoons Bourbon (I dig on the Makers!!)
2 eggs
1/4 c. low fat softened butter
1 c. chopped Pecans
Optional (dried cranberries or raisins would rock)

Sift the dry ingredients together. Mix the persimmons, sugar, bourbon, eggs and milk. Add the dry ingredients and butter. Mix until well blended. Stir in nuts (and dried fruit). Put in a well-greased loaf pan, 9x5x3 inch. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment