Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hey Mango!!

Wow! I am still in shock that I passed this semester. It has been a very long and hard road and I'm so happy that one leg of the journey is complete. Couldn't have done it without the love and support of family, friends and my cohort. Muchisimas gracias to all of you!!

Now, enough of the sappy crap, let's talk about MANGOS!! Mother nature has bestowed upon us another bountiful mango season. In my top 10 favorite foods of all time, mangos and avocados take a rank. Therefore, I wanted to share my very simple Mango and Avocado salsa recipe. It's wicked awesome on its own or with other foods like fish tacos and tortilla chips. It's also high in antioxidants because Mangos are full of Vitamin A, C, and Fiber while Avocados have heart-healthy fats and loads of Potassium. Another added bonus is the fat from the avocado helps your body to absorb the Vit A from the Mangos. Dig it!

TJ's Mango & Avocado Salsa
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
1 lime, juiced
1 mango - peeled and diced
1 small red OR yellow Spanish onion, chopped (depends on which you prefer)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
salt to taste

After mixing it all together, let it sit about 15 minutes so all the flavors can mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment